It’s about this time of year that I start to get a little crazy. I start to get a little obsessive and over-indulgent. You may think I am talking about the holidays, but this is the time of year I start my annual hunt for all things orange. More specifically, I start looking for and eating every pumpkin-flavored food I can get my hands on!!! Pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin sauces and the list goes on and on but they are all delicious to me!!! And not only does it taste good, but pumpkin is good for you! It is full of iron, zinc, vitamin C and fiber!!! So don’t let pumpkin season pass you by!
Here are some ways to use pumpkin this season:
- Add pumpkin puree to soups and sauces
- Try adding a little pumpkin to cookies, cakes or breads
- Use it to stuff ravioli for a savory dinner
- Roast the pumpkin seeds for a tasty snack
- Try adding a little pumpkin to your pancake batter for a nice fall touch